Dear Vanderbilt Students,
The Metro Public Health Department recently expanded vaccine eligibility to anyone 16 and older. To continue to support the health and safety of our community, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) will offer vaccination appointments for Vanderbilt University students.
While receiving the vaccine is voluntary, this is your opportunity to protect yourself, your loved ones and the community from the virus that causes COVID-19.
Appointments will become available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Tuesday, April 13.
To participate, make sure your My Health at Vanderbilt (MHAV) account is active; if you do not have an account, you can create one now. You will receive additional communication when you are able to log onto MHAV to schedule your appointment.
- Vanderbilt is only giving the Pfizer vaccine at this time. It is given in two doses 21 days apart. You’ll schedule your second vaccination appointment at your first appointment.
- It’s important that you show up for both appointments.
- The university will continue to uphold all health and safety protocols regarding masking, physical distancing and gathering sizes until further notice.
- In addition to the vaccines being offered at VUMC, students are also eligible now to receive the vaccine from the Metro Public Health Department and other locations such as pharmacies or walk-in clinics. You are not required to get the vaccine through VUMC and can choose another provider; the overall goal is for as many individuals to be vaccinated as possible.
What you need to do now:
- To help inform the planning process for the VUMC delivered vaccinations, please complete the following short, confidential survey before midnight, Sunday, April 4: Student COVID-19 Vaccination Registration Planning.
- Make sure your My Health at Vanderbilt account is active or create an account
- Watch for additional communications regarding your ability to schedule your appointment.
- If you have already been vaccinated for COVID 19, please report your vaccination status. These records will be maintained and treated as confidential by the University’s Command Center. We strongly encourage members of the Vanderbilt community to submit their vaccine records so we can develop a broad understanding of the vaccine status of our community. This information, in conjunction with CDC and public health guidance from VUMC, will inform decision-making about campus protocols.
Dean of Students | (p) 615.32(2.6400) | (f) 615.34(3.3702) | Email
Dean of Students | DOS Anchor Link Page | Submit IT Trouble Ticket
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2021 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.