Welcome to SkyVU in Review – features, announcements, tips & tricks and other updates for Vanderbilt’s Oracle Cloud system and related processes.
Oracle Cloud Updates
Upcoming: Prepare for Oracle Update 21B on May 21
Testing is underway for the new release of Oracle Cloud update 21B, and additional information regarding applicable updates and new features will be shared over the course of the next few weeks via user group meetings, in-system guidance, email and/or MyVU as applicable.
The quarterly upgrade will begin at 9 p.m. on Friday, May 21, and continue through Saturday, May 22.
A downtime notice will be displayed on our website while the upgrade and testing are underway and will be removed when these activities are complete and the system is available to all users.
In Focus: Prepare for the end of the semester
HCM Specialists are reminded of the following deadlines for graduating student terminations:
- Any student worker graduating in May must be terminated in Oracle by May 15; and
- If you have graduates who will work with Vanderbilt University post-graduation, they will need to be converted to VTS by May 15.
- Visa Considerations (international student workers): Please check the visa expiration list to ensure timely processing of termination transactions for any international student workers, as many visas expire on Friday, May 14.
- Time Cards (all hourly student workers): Graduating student workers must submit their time cards in Oracle prior to their termination date, as they will no longer be able to access the time card following termination.
- Federal Work Study Costing: The last days for FWS costing for the spring semester are May 15 for biweekly assignments and May 31 for monthly assignments.
Tip of the Month: Self-service direct deposit
When managing direct deposit in the Pay application, users should note that there are two sections that may be used based on their desired action:
- The Bank Accounts section allows users to add, delete or update an account; and
- The Payment Methods section allows users to manage the distribution of their payroll deposit among the accounts.
Note that it may take 1-2 pay cycles for changes to take effect.
Financial Unit Managers, HCM Specialists and BU/E Approvers
FUMs, HCM Specialists, Approvers and other enrollees should access the Oracle Cloud Continuing Education: Financials and Core HR User Group 2021 series in Oracle Learning.
- If you were unable to attend, please be sure that you review the video and presentation materials for Session 21A.
- All enrollees can view and download calendar invitations for future sessions within the Oracle Learning course.
Procurement Requesters and other users should access the Oracle Cloud Continuing Education: Procurement User Group series and view the first session 21A in Oracle Learning if they have not done so already.
- If you have a question regarding a specific purchasing transaction, please contact the Purchasing and Payment Services team using the contact information provided on the Get Help page; or
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future quarterly update or topic-based user session, please click here to submit your idea.