Welcome to SkyVU in Review – features, announcements, tips & tricks and other updates for Vanderbilt’s Oracle Cloud system and related processes.
Oracle Cloud Updates
Our Oracle Cloud environment was updated over this past weekend. Employees will now see additional details regarding time off balances within their Absence Balance pages.
New Catalog Supplier: Apple, Inc.
Apple, Inc. is now a catalog supplier, and as of November 11, 2019, all orders to Apple should be placed via the online catalog.
SimplyMac continues to be an approved supplier, however users should submit a non-catalog order to order from SimplyMac.
Prepare for calendar year end and the winter break!
HCM: Payroll and other transactions
Please review the Shared Administrative Calendar, noting the deadlines for HCM transactions and time cards through the end of the calendar year.
Important reminders for the remainder of November:
- Payroll will not process off-cycle transactions during the week of November 24-30 due to the Thanksgiving holidays; and
- The current biweekly period (11/17-30) ends on November 30, with time card approvals due before noon on Monday, December 2. Biweekly employees and student workers are strongly encouraged to submit their time (and managers approve those time cards) prior to departing for the Thanksgiving holidays.
Purchasing and Payment Services
Please review your purchasing needs and submit any remaining orders with sufficient time to complete processing and receiving in advance of the break.
The last business day before the break will be Friday, December 20,2019, and the first day back will be Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Tip of the Week
Opening hyperlinks in a separate browser window or tab
Did you know that you can open any hyperlink in a separate tab or window from your browser?
To do this, either hold down the CONTROL key while you click, or right-click and then select to view in a separate tab or window.
Student Employment closed Wednesday, Nov 25
Please note that the Student Employment office will be closed the day before Thanksgiving.
Upcoming User Group Meetings
- Thu 11/21, 1:00-2:30 PM: HCM Specialists (Furman 114)
- Thu 12/12, 1:00-2:30 PM: Financial Unit Managers (Furman 114)
- Fri 12/13, 9:00-9:30 AM: Procure-to-Pay (online webinar)
- Thu 12/19, 1:00-2:30 PM: HCM Specialists (Furman 114)
Note: There will not be a Grants & Contracts user group meeting in November or December due to the holiday and winter break schedule.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2019 user group continuing education series recordings are moving to Oracle Learning this month. Please look for additional information in email over the next week.
Available recordings of prior meetings will continue to be available via our GoToWebinar SkyVU User Group channel through the end of calendar 2019. Upon selecting a webinar, you should register using your Vanderbilt email address on the right side of the registration window.