The West End Neighborhood is celebrating another milestone with the opening of the Zeta Tau Alpha and National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) houses located on the new Kensington Promenade. The community is invited to attend a special grand opening ceremony for the NPHC house on Friday, Oct. 18 at 5:30 p.m. This event will feature speakers including Interim Chancellor and Provost Susan R. Wente.
Other elements of the West End Neighborhood are wrapping up this semester. Sod is being planted, gates are being installed and pavers are being placed throughout the area. In late September, the new The Green and Kensington Promenade greenways opened to the public just in time for Family Weekend.
Construction & Mobility Updates
West End Neighborhood Traffic Map
Click the map for larger size
- Construction hours are now 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- On Monday, Oct. 21, Vanderbilt Place will be closed east of 24th Avenue. Pedestrian traffic should use the north sidewalk on Vanderbilt Place between 24th Avenue and West Side Row until further notice. Traffic officers will be placed at either end of the Powerhouse to help with vehicular traffic needing to access the loading docks behind Rand/Sarratt.
Upcoming Events & Feedback
- Submit feedback: The Campus Planning & Construction department launched a construction feedback form. The form is a simple way to share feedback if you believe noise or construction activities are happening outside of the working hours put in place or if you believe there is a non-emergency issue. The hotline email Constr_alerts@Vanderbilt.edu and phone line (615) 343-9675 are also available.
- The Facilities Department is hosting a series of town hall meetings during the 2019–20 academic year. These meetings are an opportunity for the Vanderbilt community to voice their concerns, ask questions and learn about more about the West End Neighborhood project. The next town hall meeting is on Thursday, Nov. 7, from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Carmichael Towers East lounge.
- Follow @FacilitiesVU on Instagram and Twitter for up-to-date traffic routes, utility outages and information on the West End Neighborhood project.
- For parking questions, please contact VUPS Parking Services at (615) 322-2554.
Milestones are subject to change and updated monthly.
Past milestones can be found in previous issues of the West End Neighborhood newsletter.
- Tower 4 demo continues.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon completed in late December, and open for students in January.
- Lambda Chi Alpha and Kappa Sigma houses to be completed in late winter.
- Community Event Building planned for completion.
- July 2020: Complete Residential College A (RC-A).
- July 2022: Complete Residential College B (RC-B).
- July 2023: Complete Residential College C (RC-C).
RC-A, October 2019
WEST END NEIGHBORHOOD, Oct. 2019
Vanderbilt University | FutureVU West End Neighborhood | 421 Kirkland Hall
Subscribe to this newsletter | Opt-out of this newsletter
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2023 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.