Summer 2019 is an exciting time for the university and its students, faculty, staff and alumni as rapid progress is made in the West End Neighborhood. Read about upcoming milestones, events and more below:
Vanderbilt University will bring down one of its tallest campus buildings when it conducts a controlled implosion of the Carmichael West Tower 3 residence hall on Saturday, July 27.
Construction & Mobility Updates
- Summer construction working hours continue to be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New addresses for Greek houses were issued effective July 1.
- Temporary power outages will occur on July 1 in Towers 1 and 2 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Place and 24th Avenue will close on July 15 until August 2 for intersection prep and paving.
- Starting Aug. 20 and after move-in, 24th Avenue will shut down permanently.
- Please use the hotline email, Constr_alerts@Vanderbilt.edu and phone number, (615)-343-9675, if you believe noise or construction activity is outside of the working hours put into place or if you believe there is a non-emergency safety issue.
- For parking questions, please contact VUPS Parking Services at (615) 322-2554.
RC-A, June 2019
West End Neighborhood, June 2019
Milestones are subject to change and updated monthly.
Past milestones can be found in previous issues of the West End neighborhood newsletter.
- Metro Fire Department utilizes Tower 4 for training
- Prep for Tower 3 and 4 demo, excavation and implosion
- Delta Kappa Epsilon house demo
- July 27: Tower 3 implosion
- Mechanical demo of Tower 4 begins
- 24th Avenue open for student move in during Aug. 5-20. After Aug. 20, it will close permanently
- New NPHC and Zeta Tau Alpha houses to be complete
- Primary utility work through West End neighborhood to be complete
- Tower 4 demo continues
- Kensington beautification efforts to be complete in September.
- New Commons/Lawn beautification efforts to be complete in October
- Lambda Chi Alpha, Delta Kappa Epsilon and Kappa Sigma houses to be complete late December, and open for students in January.
- Community Event Building planned for completion
- July 2020: Complete Residential College A (RC-A).
- July 2022: Complete Residential College B (RC-B).
- July 2023: Complete Residential College C (RC-C).
Vanderbilt University | FutureVU West End Neighborhood | 421 Kirkland Hall
Subscribe to this newsletter | Opt-out of this newsletter
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2020 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.