Golden Dores (50+ age)
Mission and Vision
The Golden Dores employee affinity group strives to help everyone in our group become better acquainted to improve the quality of our workplace. We pursue issues of common interest, as well as social and service opportunities to achieve this goal.
Golden Dores membership is open to current Vanderbilt employees age 50 or more and their allies. There are no other eligibility criteria.
EAG Facilitator: Stacey Bonner
June 1, 2022: Health & Exercise for 50+
Jean and Alexander Heard Central Library, Room 800BB. 12pm -1pm.
Kickoff Event – January 28 (online)
Visit to Fort Negley – June 12 (in person)
- Participants had an opportunity to tour Fort Negley and mingle with other Vanderbilt employees 50 years or better.
Social Security 101 – September 16 (online)
- Webinar to inform Vanderbilt employees 50 years or better about the basics of Social Security programs and policies, including retiree and survivor benefits.
Medicare 101 – September 23 (online)
- Webinar to inform Vanderbilt employees 50 years or better about the basics of Medicare, how to handle Medicare enrollment, and help employees prepare to make educated decisions regarding Medicare.
Retirement 101 – December 9 (online)
- Discussion to inform Vanderbilt employees 50 years or better about how much is needed to retire comfortably, health care costs when one retires, and retirement resources.
Holiday Card Writing Project – December 9 (online)
- Vanderbilt employees 50 years or better were encouraged to purchase or personally make holiday cards to distribute to one of the local assisted living communities in the area.