Select Scalar Resources for 2019 DH Boot Camp
Mary Anne Caton, Vanderbilt University Libraries
- Barber, John F. (2016-01-01). “Sound and Digital Humanities: reflecting on a DHSI course”. Digital Humanities Quarterly 10 (1).
- Bills, Emily et al. Mirrors and Mass: Wayne Thom’s Southern California. (2018)
Final project for the USC’s School of Architecture’s 2018 course The History of Modern Architecture in Southern California.
- Cesiro, Lauren, Stephen H. Whiteman, and Nancy Um. Review (Enhanced Digital Version): Mimi Gardner Gates and Josh Yiu, eds. Chinese Painting & Calligraphy. Seattle: Seattle Art Museum, 2011.
This is a 2017 Art Bulletin review of 2011 exhibition catalog with expanded text.
- Dement, Ellen et al. Cass Gilbert’s Woolworth Building. (2017)
Vanderbilt University Buchanan Library Fellowship project followed by 2018 art history writing seminar based on Cass Gilbert collection of architectural drawings at Vanderbilt University Fine Arts Gallery.
- Grigar, Dene and Stuart Moulthrop. Pathfinders (2015).
A book documenting pre-web digital literature from 1986-199. The introductory essay was later produced into “Traversals: A Method of Preservation for Born-Digital Texts” to be published in The Routledge Companion to Media Studies and Digital Humanities, edited by Jentery Sayers.
- 2019 Keeling, Kara and Thenmozhi Soundararajan From Third Cinema to Media Justice: Third World Majority and the Promise of Third Cinema
- Mittel, Jason. Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling (NYU Press, 2015).
- Sayers, Jentery. “Writing with Sound: Composing Multimodal, Long-Form Scholarship.” Digital Humanities 2012 Conference (2012).
- Wichmann, Cecilia. Sound and Documentary in Cardiff and Miller’s Pandemonium (2015).