Undergraduate Creativity Grants
On a rolling basis The Curb Center offers Undergraduate Creativity Grants to Vanderbilt’s student population. These grants provide curious students with an opportunity to propose, and if awarded execute, innovative solutions to focus attention on topics they are passionate about.
The most successful projects demonstrate interdisciplinary creativity, campus unity and engagement. More specifically, we are looking for proposals which:
- Integrate creative expression and problem-solving;
- Generate creative encounters and experiences;
- Facilitate connections across disciplinary, social, and institutional boundaries; and
- Invent, imagine, and execute innovative creative solutions.
Awards a made on a project by project basis, with the average in the $300-$400 range, with additional funding often awarded to those projects featuring robust interdisciplinary connections. In addition to the financial support provided to award recipients Curb can also provide workspace, project management support, and material resources to facilitate successful outcomes for all awardees.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested undergraduate students should submit proposals of 500 words maximum or an equivalent 3-minute video or Powerpoint slideshow which includes:
- An introduction to who you are
- A brief description of the project you are proposing
- What impact do you hope to make with your project
- How is your project interdisciplinary and/or collaborative in nature
- What steps are needed to turn your idea into a reality
- Are there any challenges to executing your plan
- What resources do you need to execute your idea
Additionally, we ask you to submit:
- A budget proposal
- A deliverables timeline & estimated completion date
All materials should be combined into one pdf document and sent to email@example.com, with “Undergraduate Creativity Grant Application” in the subject line.
Grants proposals are reviewed by Curb’s Leadership Team on a rolling basis, and considered as each is received. After the group makes a determination the applicant is advised of the award decision. This process typically takes 2-3 weeks after Creativity Grant application is received.
If you have any questions about the Creativity Grant or its application process contact Administrative Manager Kimberly Kane (via phone or email) for more information.
Ashley Mintz ‘Express Yourself’
2017 Creativity Grant Winner