Catalyst Creativity Grants
The Curb Center at Vanderbilt supports the Catalyst Creativity Grant program, which offers Vanderbilt faculty and staff with an opportunity to implement original ideas that use creativity as a force for innovation while challenging conventional thinking and fostering unusual conjunctions. We encourage proposals for projects that:
- integrate creative expression and problem-solving
- generate creative encounters and experiences;
- facilitate connections across disciplinary, social, and institutional boundaries; and
- foster the capacity of students to invent, imagine, and express creative solutions in order to lead others in making innovations a reality.
Catalyst Creativity projects receive awards up to $2,000 are given with the possibility for more funding if the project encourages interdisciplinary connections. In addition to funding, award recipients have access to workspaces, networking groups, mentorships, and material resources to support a successful project outcome.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested catalysts should submit proposals of 500 words maximum or an equivalent 3-minute video or slideshow. Proposals should address the following:
- How does the project engage a more creative experience?
- What are the challenges and constraints involved?
- How is the project interdisciplinary and collaborative?
- How will you/participants document and reflect on your experiences?
- What other resources might you need?
- Detailed Budget
- Deliverables timeline and completion date
Proposals can be emailed as attachments to email@example.com, with “Catalyst Creativity Grant Application” in the subject line.
Grant proposals will be reviewed each month and awarded on a project-by-project basis, with Curb typically funding 4-6 Catalyst proposals per year.
Image from 2017-2018 Catalyst awardee
Ashley Mintz’s project. Read more