Catalyst Creativity Grants
The Curb Center at Vanderbilt supports the Catalyst Creativity Grant program, which offers undergraduate and graduate students, staff and faculty with an opportunity to implement original ideas which use creativity as a force for innovation and community engagement while challenging conventional thinking and fostering unique partnerships between all participants. We encourage proposals for projects that:
- apply creative problem-solving to issues impacting the Vanderbilt community and beyond;
- foster arts and scholarship-based community engagement programs, projects and events;
- facilitate connections across disciplinary, social, and institutional boundaries; and
- build the capacity of students, faculty, and staff to formulate and implement innovative solutions to intractable problems
Catalyst Creativity projects can receive up to $2,000 with the possibility for more funding if the project encourages interdisciplinary connections. In addition to funding, award recipients have access to the Curb Center workspace and studios, project management, mentoring, network groups, and material resources to support successful project outcomes.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS DO WE FUND?
- The integration of art and science in the classroom and laboratory
- Using movement and wellness to reflect on community and individual well-being
- Supporting original art, music, theater and dance pieces from faculty, students, and staff
- Examining the impact of gentrification on our community and creative economies
HOW TO APPLY
Interested catalysts should submit proposals of 500 words maximum or an equivalent 3-minute video or slideshow which address the following:
- How does the project engage participants in a creative experience?
- What are the challenges and constraints involved?
- How is the project interdisciplinary and collaborative?
- How will you/participants document and reflect on your experiences?
- What other resources might you need to accomplish your goals?
- Detailed Budget (separate from the 500 word description)
- Deliverables timeline and completion date (separate from the 500 word description)
Grant proposals will be reviewed and awarded on a project-by-project basis, with Curb typically funding 2-4 undergraduate, 2-4 graduate, and 2-4 faculty proposals per year.
Proposals can be emailed as attachments to email@example.com, referencing “Catalyst Creativity Grant Application” in the subject line.
frankenstein: the modern prometheus
2019-2020 Creative Catalyst UG Award