Catalyst Creativity Grants
The Curb Center at Vanderbilt is pleased to announce the Catalyst Creativity Grant program, which offers Vanderbilt Catalysts the opportunity to implement original ideas that use creativity as a force for innovation, challenging conventional thinking and fostering unusual conjunctions.
We seek projects that encourage interdisciplinary creativity, campus unity and engagement. More specifically, we encourage proposals for projects that:
- integrate creative expression and problem-solving
- generate creative encounters and experiences;
- facilitate connections across disciplinary, social, and institutional boundaries; and
- foster the capacity of students to invent, imagine, and express creative solutions in order to lead others in making innovations a reality.
Creative Expression funding awards up to $2,000 per creative idea with the possibility for more funding if the project encourages interdisciplinary connections.
In addition to funding, the Curb Center offers access to space at the center, networks, mentorships, and material resources to help as well as periodic, mandatory meetings with like-minded creators throughout the process.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested catalysts should submit proposals of 500 words maximum or an equivalent 3-minute video or slideshow. Proposals should address the following:
- How does the project engage a more creative experience?
- What are the challenges and constraints involved?
- How is the project interdisciplinary and collaborative?
- How will you/participants document and reflect on your experiences?
- Budget and description of expenses. What other resources might you need?
- Timeline for completion
Proposals should be emailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “2017-18 Catalyst Creativity Grant Application” in the subject line.
Grant proposals will be reviewed each month.
Image from 2017 catalyst awardee
Mariann VanDevere’s project. Read more