In addition to being vaccinated, the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. However, as a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Practice physical distancing vigilantly
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
In charting a path forward amid the unprecedented circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Vanderbilt is committed to providing students, faculty and staff with an environment where scholarship, research, leadership and creative expression can continue to thrive.