Spring semester move-in
Spring semester move-in dates will be Friday, Jan. 22, through Sunday, Jan. 24. To reduce the density of the population on campus, students, who resided on campus for the fall semester, cannot have assistance moving in for the spring semester.
Students returning to campus for the first time since spring 2020 will receive an email from OHARE with instructions on when and how to pick-up items remaining in storage. Questions regarding storage can be directed to email@example.com.
Details surrounding returning to campus and move-out dates and times for upper-division residential students are being finalized. Information will be shared on this FAQ and in the Return to Campus Update as those decisions are finalized.
First-year student move-in for the spring semester
The university has decreased the density in our campus residences by, among other steps, assigning one first-year student per room. The university will continue this practice during the spring semester. While maintaining the university’s focus on the health and safety of the campus community, first year students, who resided on campus for the fall semester, will participate in “The Flip” at the end of the fall semester. Students currently living in the Towers and Branscomb Quad (Lupton, Scales, Stapleton and Vaughn) will be moving to The Ingram Commons, and students currently living on The Ingram Commons will be moving to the Towers or Branscomb Quad. North House will not participate in The Flip. The Flip will maximize opportunities for students to live on The Ingram Commons while maintaining single rooms for these students.
Spring housing assignments for first-year students will be released in late October.
In anticipation of The Flip, students will begin to receive communications regularly that provide information about what to expect and directions about necessary preparations for The Flip. Some initial general information about The Flip follows.
- First-year students will continue to be housed one student per room.
- Each student’s house affiliation will remain the same (i.e., if a student currently lives in Towers and is affiliated with Hank Ingram, the student will be assigned to Hank Ingram for the spring).
- Students will be moved in clusters so that they will continue to reside with at least some of the students they lived near in the fall; special requests cannot be accommodated.
- North House residents will not participate in The Flip. This is due solely to the fact that the capacity of The Ingram Commons exceeds the capacity of Branscomb Quad and Towers. Removing North House from The Flip gives the university the numbers needed to execute The Flip between The Ingram Commons and main campus.
- Packing supplies will be provided and students will be required to pack their own items before departing at the end of the fall semester. Packed items will be moved to each student’s new space before their return in January. Students are expected to unpack their own belongings and set up their rooms by themselves; family members will not be permitted to enter residence halls to assist.