Facilities: Disinfecting protocols after a known COVID-19 positive case
Facilities staff will follow these protocols when disinfecting a space after a known COVID-19 positive case:
- If possible wait 24 to 72 hours before cleaning while increasing ventilation in the space (office, suite, floor[s] or building).
- Plant Operations personnel entering the space will use the appropriate protective equipment (masks, gloves, etc.).
- All personal items (dishes, toothbrush, etc.) will be relocated and contained for later disinfection.
- The entire space will be cleaned using EPA-standard approved cleaning products.
- High-touch areas will be wiped or sprayed with additional disinfecting products.
- The entire space will be fogged using EPA disinfecting products.
- Reoccupancy may occur 12 hours after the space has been fogged.
- Before occupants are allowed to return, the space will receive a thorough inspection to include (as applicable):
- Operation of all plumbing fixtures
- Flushing of the HVAC system
- Elevator operation
- Identification of any nonperforming building systems