Fall 2020 COVID-19 Positive Cases Among On-Campus Vanderbilt Community Members
Vanderbilt University maintains this dashboard to inform the community about the number of positive COVID-19 test results among members of the on-campus university community. It includes positive test result reports for:
- Vanderbilt students residing on campus;
- Vanderbilt students residing off-campus who are coming to the university campus; and
- Vanderbilt University-employed faculty, staff, and postdocs who are teaching, working or conducting research on the university campus.
The dashboard does not include positive cases involving students, faculty, staff or postdocs who are studying, teaching, working, or conducting research exclusively remotely or at experiential learning sites (either in the greater Nashville area or beyond).
Scroll over the chart to see details with regard to different groups.
Student Weekly Testing Numbers
|Week of||Tests Resulted||Positive Results||Positivity Rate|
|Oct. 26-Nov. 1||6,510||82||1.26%|
|Sept. 28-Oct. 4||6,733||29||0.43%|
|Aug. 31-Sept. 6||5,802||39||0.67%|
- Undergrad — On Campus
- Undergrad — Off Campus
|Positivity Rate**||Reported On|
|Vanderbilt students||1.7%||Nov. 15*|
|Davidson County (source)||8.5%||Nov. 16|
|Tennessee (source)||12%||Nov. 13|
|National (source)||10.5%||Nov. 7|
* Vanderbilt reporting for week of Nov. 9-15
** Positivity rate = the percentage of positive results within the total number of test results. If 100 tests were resulted, and 1 was positive, the positivity rate would be 1%.
Faculty, Staff and postdoc Testing
- Staff and Postdocs
About the dashboard
- The dashboard displays the number of daily positive test results for students, faculty, staff and postdocs regularly coming to campus.
- Data is reported based on the day the result was received, not on the day the test was administered.
- Each Monday, totals for the previous week, as well as the positivity rate for student tests resulted for that week, will be updated.
- As part of our health and safety protocols, all undergraduate students participated in both pre-arrival testing and post-arrival testing. Data from both mandatory tests, as well as ongoing mandatory weekly testing of all undergraduates, which began Aug. 31, are included on this page.
- Athletics students and staff are included in the university overall data.
- Vanderbilt has partnered with Vault to conduct its pre-arrival, post-arrival and ongoing testing of undergraduates. Vault’s saliva PCR test is the first FDA EUA-authorized solution of its kind and is currently a testing solution for many national companies, as well as sports leagues such as the National Hockey League, the PGA Tour, and Major League Soccer.
- Applicable privacy and confidentiality laws prohibit the university from disclosing personally identifiable information about individuals who have tested positive.
- Cases reflected here may be the result of community transmission (in the greater Nashville area) rather than transmission from person to person on campus.
- This dashboard reflects positive results from testing:
- Conducted by the Vanderbilt University Student Health Center and Occupational Health Center;
- Conducted by Vanderbilt University Medical Center;
- Ordered by the Vanderbilt University Public Health Central Command Center or other university-sanctioned authorities; and
- Self-reported test results verified by proof of a laboratory test.
- The dashboard reflects only positive cases that the university has been made aware of; in the case of testing conducted by third parties, the university relies upon individuals disclosing to the university that they have tested positive, consistent with the university’s Return to Campus expectations that they do so.
- All data is provisional and subject to change.
Tennessee AND METRO NASHVILLE Dashboards
Vanderbilt COVID-19 TESTING AND PATIENT CARE
- Pre-arrival testing details
- Post-arrival testing details
- Quarantine and isolation details
- Positive case and recovery strategy details
- Returning after international travel details
- COVID-19 testing and recovery: faculty, staff and postdocs
- COVID-19 testing and recovery: graduate and professional students
- Contact tracing details