Mar. 14, 2020 – Update re: campus services
Dear Vanderbilt Students,
Below we are sharing information on remote access to campus services for the remainder of the semester. As you may know, many of our campus support staff will be working remotely for the next couple of weeks, which necessitates changes in how we will work to meet the needs of students.
Beginning Monday, March 16, the Student Centers buildings will modify their hours of access as follows:
- Sarratt Student Center/Rand Hall: Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday–Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Commodore Card access for all Vanderbilt community members. Staff in the buildings will be very limited.
- The Commons Center: Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday–Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Commodore Card access for all Vanderbilt community members. The fitness center will be closed.
- Alumni Hall will be closed to student access.
- Student Life Center will be closed to student access.
Office of Housing and Residential Experience
The OHARE office in Branscomb Quad will remain open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students may call the office as well for remote assistance at 615-322-2591, or email email@example.com. Maintenance staff will be available for support; due to limited staffing, requests will be triaged.
Recreation and Wellness Center
Building hours may be limited. Please check the Recreation and Wellness Center website for the most up-to-date information.
Central, Eskind and Law libraries remain open with Commodore Card access. Eskind
will be restricted to Medical and Nursing students only. Please visit the library website for updates to hours as they are made.
To have your USPS mail forwarded, click here. If you are a graduating senior, please select “permanent” and enter the address where you would like mail to be sent. If you are returning to campus next fall, select “summer” and enter August 1, 2020, as the return date. Then enter the address where you would like mail to be forwarded for the interim. Station B cannot forward any USPS mail/packages internationally without incurring additional charges; as a result, they do not offer forwarding for students outside the U.S.
Campus Dining will operate at two locations: Rand Hall and The Commons Center. Student can continue to use their meal plans. For up-to-the-minute changes in Campus Dining service offerings, please follow Dining on Instagram @VandyCampusDining, or visit the Campus Dining website.
Student Support Services
- The Student Health Center remains open with regular hours (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) and is accepting appointments. Students can call 615-322-2427 to schedule an appointment.
- The Office of Student Care Coordination will remain open and is accepting appointments with students virtually (telephone/email). You can reach out to schedule an appointment (615-343-9355) or complete the online intake form and schedule online.
- The University Counseling Center will be open and is working with current students to keep already scheduled appointments by phone and in-person sessions as needed. Group therapy sessions will not be held until further notice.
- If you have an urgent need or need to speak with a counselor immediately, please use the Crisis Care drop-in hours: Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. in person or by phone (615-322-2571). For after-hours urgent needs, call the UCC at 615-322-2571 to speak with an on-call clinician.
- Let’s Talk will be canceled until further notice; students should utilize Crisis Care instead.
- If you are unsure of the status of your appointment, please contact the office to get more information.
- After hours or on weekends, please call the main UCC number at 615-322-2571 to reach the on-call counselor.
- The Center for Student Wellbeing will remain open and continue coaching sessions with students by phone. Students can call 615-322-0480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Appointments can also be scheduled via the Office of Student Care Coordination. Weekly Wellbeing Practices and CSW workshops will be canceled until further notice.
- The Project Safe Center will continue scheduling appointments with students via phone or video. Students can call 615-875-0660 to schedule. The 24-hour crisis support hotline remains available at 615-322-SAFE (7233).
Please know that although services may look different for the remainder of the semester, we are here to serve you. Do not hesitate to reach out.
Associate Provost and Dean of Students