There are four complimentary parking garages on campus with shuttle service to various Commencement events. Parking for guests is available at the following locations:
- 25th Ave. Garage On the corner of 25th Ave. and Highland Ave. – please use Highland Ave. entrance only
- Terrace Place Garage On the corner of 21st Ave. and Terrace Place
- Wesley Place Garage On the corner of 21st Ave. and Scarritt Place
- Kensington Place Garage On the corner of 25th Ave. and Kensington Place
- West Garage On the Corner of 25th Ave. and Children's Way
Shuttles will stop at these locations and drop guests off near the event site.
Friday — Wesley Place, Terrace Place, West & 25th Ave. garages
7:00 am – 2:00 pm
If you need disability assistance please call the Vanderbilt Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services Department at 615-343-9727 to make arrangements, or go to this page for more information.
The Vanderbilt University Office of Conferences is offering on-campus housing during the 2020 Commencement activities. Commencement guests will have the opportunity to stay in one of the residence halls at the Ingram Commons. Nightly rates are only $120 per night, single or double occupancy. Rooms are available for the nights of May 6, 7, and 8, 2020. There is no minimum night stay required. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Murray House and Stambaugh House are ADA compliant.
Guest rooms come furnished with two twin beds, two dressers, two desk, two chairs, two closets, pillows and bed and bath linens. Restrooms and showers are located down the hall. The building is equipped with wireless internet access, so guests may receive email on their personal laptops. The $120/night package includes on-campus parking for one vehicle.
Unlike a hotel, Murray House and Stambaugh House rooms do not have personal bathrooms and are not furnished with TV’s, radios, clocks or telephones. This cost-effective housing option does not include concierge service, bellhops or daily maid service. There are two designated women’s bathrooms and two designated men’s bathrooms on each floor. We suggest guests bring robes, shower shoes, personal toiletries/grooming items, alarm clocks and cell phones and chargers.
- Cost — $120 a night (single or double occupancy)
- Availability — May 6, 7, 8, 2020
- Check In — Begins at noon on Wednesday, May 6 at Murray House (staffed 24/7)
- Furnishings — 2 twin beds, 2 dressers, 2 desks and chairs, 2 closets, pillows, bed/bath linens, free wireless internet service
- Limitations — No personal bathrooms, telephones, TV’s, radios, clocks, lamps, or daily maid service
- Parking — Housing includes on campus parking for one vehicle per room
- Online Room Reservations — Overnight Room Reservations will be accepted via the IRIS online registration portal until Sunday, May 3, 2020 at midnight.
- Questions — Office of Conferences 615-343-8699 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Code (if prompted): Housing2020
Commodore Ballroom Buffet Lunch
The reservation deadline is Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
Avoid making lunch reservations off campus and enjoy our upscale buffet bunch in the Commodore Ballroom at the Student Life Center. Your reservation will include a buffet lunch, featuring an array of food stations and seating times to accommodate your busy schedule.
*a cash bar will be available onsite.
Reservations will be accepted for Friday, May 8, 2020 beginning at 11:30 am.
You may choose to be seated at 11:30 am, 12:00 pm, 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm.
Private parties are available upon request.
Adults: $35 per person plus tax
Children (ages 6-12): $12 per person plus tax
Children 5 and under: Free
For questions, please email email@example.com or call 615-343-0371.
Order Code (if prompted): Dining2020
Vanderbilt Dining Services
There are a number of award-winning on-campus dining options available to all Commencement guests, for limited hours of operation listed below.
Wednesday, May 6 - Chef James Bistro at Rand - 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thursday, May 7 - Rand Dining Hall & Chef James Bistro at Rand- 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday, May 8 - Local Java at Sarratt - 7:00 am - 2:00 pm Chef James Bistro at Rand & Rand Dining Hall - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Getting to Vanderbilt from the Nashville International Airport
Take I-40 west to exit 209A. Turn left onto Broadway. Follow Broadway and veer right to West End Ave. Allow approximately 30 minutes driving time from the airport to Vanderbilt University. If traffic is light, it will take less time.
Getting to Vanderbilt via the Interstates
From the north, take I-65 to I-40 west and then look for I-40 east to exit 209B. Turn right on Broadway.
From the east or south, take I-40 west to exit 209A. Turn left on Broadway.
From the west, take I-40 east to exit 209B. Turn right on Broadway (US 70S).
Follow Broadway and veer right to West End Ave.
Vanderbilt is located a mile and a half southwest of downtown Nashville and is approximately four hours from Atlanta, three hours from Birmingham, two and a half hours from Knoxville, three hours from Louisville, and three hours from Memphis.