Families and Guests
We look forward to welcoming you to the Vanderbilt campus for the events of Commencement. Our celebration takes place May 9-11, 2018.
All family members and guests are welcome at all Commencement-related events. Tickets are not required for any Commencement ceremony. Tickets will be required for THE PARTY and are available for purchase online.KEY DEADLINES
- April 6 – Last day to order REGALIA (cap and gown) to arrive for Commencement 2018
- April 13 – Final day to order ANNOUNCEMENTS in time for them to arrive before Commencement 2018
- April 24 – Deadline to reserve PRIVATE DINING RECEPTIONS
- May 4 – Last day to purchase THE PARTY tickets online
- May 4 – Final day to order VANDERBILT VALUE MEALS for Thursday and Friday of Commencement
- May 8 – Deadline to reserve rooms for ACCOMMODATIONS AT THE COMMONS
- May 12 – Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
- June 14 – Deadline to order COMMENCEMENT Video Download
- June 29 - Final day to make your SENIOR GIFT
- No umbrellas are allowed during the ceremony
- Book your accommodations as early as possible - GO
- No tickets are required for any ceremony (THE PARTY is the only ticketed event - GO)
- Take care of any disabled guest needs - GO
- Remember to bring your Commencement Handbook with you (mails in mid-February)
- Undergraduate degrees will be awarded at the main ceremony, all other Graduate/Professional degrees will be awarded at individual ceremonies across campus
- Indoor viewing areas are setup around Alumni Lawn for overflow, those sensitive to the weather or children - GO
Are you coming to Commencement from outside the United States and need travel documentation? Request an “Invitation Letter” for Commencement. For more information, please visit the International Student & Scholar Services website.