Art Adventures Enrichment Program
The VCFC Art Adventures Program is designed to support the inherent creativity of students in grades K – 5th with access to rich and varied media and activities. Art processes are an effective way for students to explore and communicate their big ideas by representing these thoughts in unique and varied ways. This program provides the student an experience of art that is child-directed, choice-driven, and celebrates the experience of discovery and innovation. The focus lies in the process, not the outcome, although wondrous works are often created. Specific interest in art is not required as we expect all students will learn and grow through hands on activities.
• will think wonder, explore, and discover.
• will learn about the possibilities of materials and tools.
• are encouraged to collaborate and use creativity and critical thinking skills.
• will gain confidence to express their own ideas.
• will embrace mistakes as part of the learning process.
The extended Art Adventures Enrichment Program runs November 30 through December 18 and takes place at the university’s 1810 Edgehill Ave. location.
“We understand that many Vanderbilt families are exploring options for their school-age children during the fall semester, and we wanted to provide one solution here on campus.”
- Vanderbilt Child and Family Center Executive Director Kathleen Seabolt, who also serves as co-chair of the working group.
Families can enroll for two - five days per week for the child to attend seven consecutive hours between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.