Qualified applicants with bachelor’s degrees are eligible for admission to the Graduate Program in Chemistry at Vanderbilt University. Admission is competitive and students are selected on the basis of their scholastic preparation, research experience, and intellectual capacity.
- Complete and officially submit an online application by January 1, 2018 at apply.vanderbilt.edu/apply/
- Upload transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- (GRE) Graduate Record Examination
- We do not require the Chemistry Subject Exam; however, if you take the subject exam, it is highly recommended that you submit those scores to us as well. This may enhance the strength of your application.
- International student applicants must also present the results of the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless they have earned a degree from an American or English-speaking institution.
- For Information regarding application fees and fee waiver requests, please visit: https://gradschool.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/application/index.php
Vanderbilt University welcomes applications from all individuals who come from diverse populations that are under-represented in science or academia, including but not limited to racial and ethnic minorities, individuals from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds, and individuals with physical disabilities. If you would like to let us know how you might contribute to diversity in this way, please indicate which of these categories you identify with when you complete our application (please be advised that the various racial/ethnic designations are those identified by The National Institutes of Health.)
Tomorrow's Chemists Begin Here