The selection of the next provost will shape the execution of Vanderbilt’s academic strategy for many years to come.
As the university’s chief academic officer, Vanderbilt’s provost oversees all academic programs and leads initiatives to advance the university’s mission, as well as the faculty, staff, programming and initiatives for the university’s 10 colleges and schools.
We want to hear from you! Your feedback will support the search committee in their work to identify the university’s next provost to continue our progress and advance our One Vanderbilt community. The survey is confidential. Responses will be shared with the Provost Search Committee and the search firm.
Vanderbilt University has engaged the search firm Spencer Stuart to assist with the search process. Nominations and inquiries may be submitted directly to email@example.com.
2021 Provost Search Committee
- Daniel Diermeier, Chancellor and Provost Search Committee Chair
- Camilla Benbow, Patricia and Rodes Hart Dean of Education and Human Development, Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- Catie Chang, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering
- André Churchwell, Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer
- Bruce Evans, Chairman of the Vanderbilt Board of Trust and Senior Advisor, Summit Partners
- Ben Harris, Senior Lecturer in Vocal Music and Vice Chair of the Faculty Senate
- Eric Johnson, Ralph Owen Dean, Owen Graduate School of Management and Bruce D. Henderson Professor of Strategy
- Lisa Monteggia, Barlow Family Director of the Vanderbilt Brain Institute and Professor of Pharmacology
- Jeffrey Rothschild, Vice Chairman of the Vanderbilt Board of Trust and former vice president of infrastructure engineering at Facebook
- Brett Sweet, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Tiffiny Tung, Department Chair of Anthropology and Associate Professor of Anthropology