Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Brazil: Impeachment, Zika, and the Summer Olympics 2016
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Building a Better ‘Bridge’ to the Ph.D.
- Vanderbilt Poll: Trump leads Clinton in Tennessee by nine points
- Slave records digital archive receives ACLS Extension Grant
- Free symposium on autism, neuroscience and perceptual thinking
- Isler named one of ‘National Geographic’s’ first Emerging Explorers
- Founder’s Medalists honored at Vanderbilt Commencement
- Chancellor to graduates: ‘Lift others up’
- Vanderbilt University honors 24 as emeriti faculty
- Grundy to lead Health Professions Advisory Office