Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Psychopathologist elected fellow of Association for Psychological Science
- Josh Clinton returns for second Twitter Q&A July 26
- Super-eruptions may give only a year’s warning before they blow
- Political scientist, NBC election analyst hosts Twitter Q&A July 19
- These days, fecal transplantation is no joke
- When mitochondrial genes act up
- Robert Vantrease, artist and 64-year employee of VUMC, dies at 89
- Antidepressants: A treatment for bad marriages?
- Patriotism among themes of Ziegler’s ‘Flag Exchange’ installation
- VIDL awards funding to enhance teaching, learning through digital technology