Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning announces student prizes
- Writers-in-residence impact, inspire first-year students
- Lowe to discuss interactive theatre at (Lunch) Box talk
- Class of 2016: Safiah Hassan celebrates diversity and champions cultural exchange
- Scientists establish first map of the sea lion brain
- New director sees Innovation Center as both startup and catalyst for campus and city
- Class of 2016: Ariel Helms’ past inspires her path for the future
- Class of 2016: Rani Banjarian discovers America—and his voice as a writer
- Gordon Logan elected member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Trump appeals to the authoritarian within: Vanderbilt researcher