Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Vanderbilt Theatre engages audience to end Nashville poverty
- Successful entrepreneur and innovator chosen to lead new Innovation Center
- James Auer honored by prominent Japanese newspaper
- 1960s civil rights ‘voices’ to discuss Warren’s ‘Who Speaks for the Negro?’
- Congress in danger of losing relevancy as presidents work around it
- Donato appointed 2016-17 Russell Sage Foundation Visiting Scholar
- Kudos: Read about faculty and staff awards, appointments and achievements
- Specialists on Islam to give public talks at Vanderbilt
- Slavery historical records topic of Williamson Library talk
- College of Arts and Science 2015 Teaching Awards announced