Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- New Vanderbilt Poll – Tennessee results to be discussed Dec. 4 at Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt historian offers unsettling look at bioengineered near future
- Kudos: Read about faculty, staff and student awards, appointments and achievements
- Vanderbilt offers new environmental sociology major
- New detector perfect for asteroid mining
- Tichi’s new play on Jack London to be unveiled at Neely Auditorium
- New clues emerge about the earliest known Americans
- New online tool created to tackle complications of pregnancy and childbirth
- Thickness of grey matter predicts ability to recognize faces and objects
- Wcislo receives 2015 Chancellor’s Cup