Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Arts and Science honors 2016 faculty and graduate student award winners
- Vanderbilt Poll: Tennesseans optimistic as Trump era begins
- Renamed Arts and Science department deepens cross-disciplinary focus
- Blood-brain barrier on a chip sheds new light on “silent killer”
- Statewide voter attitudes to be revealed at Dec. 8 news conference
- Kudos: Read about faculty, staff and student awards, appointments and achievements
- Unique premed program provides tools to understand social contexts for health
- Each animal species hosts a unique microbial community and benefits from it
- Mood ring materials – a new way to detect damage in failing infrastructure
- Vanderbilt expert predicted rise of white nationalism in 2002