Industry Specific Insights
- For a quick and efficient search, concentrate on the major industry employers and professional organization job boards. Check out this list of companies to get started.
- Consider applying for a research program. Check out this list of research programs and this list of REU sites.
- Take advantage of opportunities to attend professional events and conferences.
- Research all aspects of the internship/ job including the company’s core businesses and any specific job-related skills.
- Check out these Chemical Engineer Internship Tips.
- View our 2018-19 Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide.
Industry Specific Job Boards
Recommended Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Engineering Career Guide – Networking Skills
- LinkedIn – Vanderbilt Career Insights Page
- Mango Connects
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: American Chemical Society
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: Biomedical Engineering Society
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: Vanderbilt Pre-Pharmacy Society