How can I download a video I have saved in My Media?
Kaltura videos can be downloaded to your local computer by following the steps below. Please note that when you create a screen recording with Kaltura Capture with both your screen recording and your webcam enabled, Kaltura keeps these two video files separate. If you download a screen recording back from Kaltura for use outside of Brightspace, only the screen recording and audio recording are retained in the downloaded file.
Please note: Videos in Kaltura can only be downloaded with one video source and one audio source. For example, if you’ve created a Kaltura Capture with both your webcam and screen capture enabled, only the screen capture and the audio will be retained in the download.
Updated Spring 2020
1. From the homepage of Brightspace, click on My Media
2. Find the video you’d like to download, then select the pencil icon on the right to edit the video
3. Select the Downloads tab, then ensure the box next to ‘Source’ is selected and click Save
4. Select the My Media tab once again
5. Find the video you’d like to download, this time selecting the title of the video
6. At the bottom of the page, select the Download tab, then click on the Download icon in the Actions column
This will download the Kaltura video to your local computer, which you can then modify or upload to other platforms.