Determining the Student’s View of the Quiz Results
This guide will help you determine what the student sees upon completion of a quiz. By default, students will see their score and nothing else. Here are more options, and how to change them.
1) Go into the edit mode of your quiz and click on the Submission View tab. Here you will see the Default View for users (students).
2) Click on Add Additional View to change the student view. Give the View a meaningful name and descriptions. This will help you in the future, as well as TA’s who may be assisting you.
Note: You can edit the default view, but it does not present as many options as adding an additional view.
3) View Restrictions: This establishes when this View goes into effect. The best choice is to click Now, so that it’s always in effect. You may also choose a later date.
4) IP Restriction: At this time, Vanderbilt is unable to provide IP restrictions. Our IPs are specific to campus, but not from one classroom/building to the next.
5) Limited Duration: You may prefer that students only see these results for a few minutes after the quiz. If so, you would designate that here. If left blank, students may view these results indefinitely.
6) View Details: Click Yes or No if you’d like Brightspace to Show Questions to the students after the quiz.
If you choose Yes, decide which questions to show. A good option is Show All Questions With User Responses. This will show the question and the student’s response. Checking the box Show Question Answers will show the correct response.
7)At the bottom, you must indicate if you’d like students to see their score, the class average, and the grade distribution. Click Save.
8) You should now see this as one of your Views to choose from. Check the box next to your new view to activate it. Click Save and Close. The new view is now applied to your quiz, and will be available for future quizzes.