Brightspace Support for Students – Trending Topic (January 2020)

Posted by on Sunday, January 26, 2020 in Uncategorized.

Do your students need extra help with Brightspace? The CFT has resources available for students as well as instructors! New guides for students are released regularly and can be found here, including our brand new guide on submitting large video files in Brightspace

Students are also welcome to contact us at 615-322-0200 or brightspace@vanderbilt.edu, and to come to our drop-in hours for any extra help they need. 

Responses

• Ailsa Poling

January 30th, 2020

I cannot access the Media Center on Brightspace. When I click on that tab it says “access denied.”

• snaypj

January 30th, 2020

If you look at the bottom of this guide, you’ll find instructions on how to troubleshoot the ‘Access Denied’ error. If these tips don’t fix the problem, please reach out to us at brightspace@vanderbilt.edu for more help!

• Lauren McKee

September 15th, 2020

I can no longer get into Brightspace. I have been trying to login as per usual through the Vanderbilt portal to Brightspace, but it says it does not recognize “the username or password”. (I have DUO two-step verification already). I need access to Brightspace as soon as possible due to assigments that are due tomorrow and lectures tomorrow.

• Paige

September 16th, 2020

Hi Lauren! Vanderbilt’s IT department handles the login process for almost all of Vanderbilt’s tools through single sign on (SSO). This service was down for a significant portion of yesterday evening, which was likely the source of your login difficulties. If you continue to have trouble logging in, you should reach out to VUIT for assistance via their website at it.vanderbilt.edu.