Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two- , three- and four-year full-tuition scholarships
- The option for a full room-and-board scholarship in place of tuition, if you already have an outside tuition scholarship
- Additional allowances for books ($1200 per year) and fees (such as a student recreation center fee)
- If admitted to Vanderbilt University, you will receive an extra $6,000 per year towards room and board
- Army ROTC scholarships also provides tax free subsistence allowance of $420/monthly while in school.
exhibit traits of a scholar, athlete, and leader.
- Scholar: National Honor Society, Honors, and Advance Placement Courses, GPA over 3.0, Top 10% of Class
- Athlete: Varsity Letters from school team, member of regional, city, or competitive league, organized competitive team sports, individual athletic competitions
- Leader: Elective member of student government or class, Captain of academic team, position of responsibility in a school, club, or volunteer organization
Army ROTC students who receive a scholarship or enter the Army ROTC Advance Course (Junior and Senior Year) mustagree to complete a period of service with the Army.
- You can serve on full-time active duty for three years (four years for scholarship winners) and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). Selected Cadets may choose to serve part-time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career instead of Active Duty.
Scholarships are competitive. Eligibility requirements include:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army
Scholarship Application Online
If you are a high school student applying for a scholarship, follow these steps.