Check Out or Purchase a Card Reader
With Anchor Link, you can track attendance at your events via card readers that connect to the USB port of a laptop or desktop computer that is connected to the internet. After your event, you can easily export an attendance report including the names, e-mails, and time-stamps of all attendees.
New for 2017
Card readers are available for checkout from the Central Library and Peabody Library, and will no longer be available for check out from the Office of the Dean of Students.
Readers are available on a first come, first served basis. Based on availability (see the link below), you may check out a reader from the Circulation Desk at either Central or Peabody Libraries. Readers must be returned the next day. Please click here for library hours. A maximum of two (2) card readers may be checked out per person.
If you would like to check out the card reader for multiple days/events or for a recurring event, you must return the reader within one day and check it out again.
Failure to return your card reader on time may result in fines or holds on your student account.
If your organization uses a card reader frequently, you might want to consider purchasing your own. The usual cost is $50 and will be charged to your organization or department.
Offices with Dedicated Card Readers:
The offices below have dedicated card readers for their programs and the student organizations they advise. Organizations and programs affiliated with the offices listed below should first make requests to their respective offices. If a card reader is not available through the affiliated office, you may then complete the card reader checkout form to reserve a card reader from a Library.
Active Citizenship & Service (OACS)
- Contact: Holly Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-343-7878
- Office Location: Rand Hall 305
Arts & Campus Events
- Card readers are available for Vanderbilt Programming Board or Vanderbilt Performing Arts Council organizations.
- Contact: Linda Marks, email@example.com, 615-323-4420
- Office Location: Sarratt Student Center, 357
Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center
- Contact: Jeff King, firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-322-2524
- Contact: Karen Seezen, email@example.com, 615-322-2048
- Office Location: Sarratt Student Center 207
Inclusion Initiatives and Cultural Competence
- To reserve a card reader complete the online form at https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/submitter/form/start/53157
- Contact: Rachel Wilson, Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Sarratt Student Center 315A
International Student Scholar Services
- To reserve a card reader complete the online form at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/student-organization-resource-request-form/ or request it by email at email@example.com
- Contact: 322-2753
- Office Location: Student Life Center 103
- Contact: 615-875-0660
- Office Location: KC Potter Center, 312 West Side Row, Euclid House
Margaret Cunningim Women’s Center
- Contact: 615-322-4843
- Office Location: 316 West Side Row, Franklin House
The Martha Rivers Ingram Commons
- Every Commons House has a dedicated card reader for attendance. Contact the Head Resident or Area Coordinator to check the reader out.
- Additional readers can be checked out at the Dean of the Commons Office
- Contact: Christina Bailey, Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-343-9628