Follow this guide to automatically capture the names and emails of your event attendees.
When you track attendance at an event through Anchor Link, you will automatically capture not only the total number of attendees but also the names, e-mails, and timestamps for each person you track.
- Register your event in Anchor Link.
*Note: Your event will have to be approved by a site administrator so make sure to register it in advance
- Go to your organization and click “Events” (located in the top toolbar)
- Open your event and click the “Track Attendance” button under “Manage Events” at the bottom of the page
*Note: You must have administrative access to Events for your organization to see the Track Attendance Button
Attendance Can be Tracked in 4 Ways:
1. Swiping using an Anchor Link Card Reader
* Note: Card readers can be checked out through a variety of offices including Sarratt 339 and can be reserved on the Anchor Link home page.
- Plug in the card reader to the USB port of your laptop or desktop computer. You must be connected to an active internet connection to track attendance.b. Click the link to the “Swipe page” and enter your Access Code.
- Click the link to the “Swipe page” and enter your Access Code.
- Click submit (see image below).
- When a user successfully swipes their card, there will be a series of dots before you see “success.”
Click the “+ Add Attendance” button for the following three methods:
a. If you used the invitations feature, you can simply go through and check Attended/Absent/Excused for each invited user.
3. Text Entry of E-mail Addresses
a. You can enter Vanderbilt campus e-mails and indicate a user’s attendance status.
b. You can keep a running list of attendees rather than clicking “Add” each time which will take you back to the previous page.
4. File Upload of E-mail Addresses
a.You can upload a CSV or TXT file with e-mail addresses
Attendance Tracking Tip: If you are using card readers at your event, it is recommended that you keep open a second tab in your browser that is open to the Text Entry page so that any attendees who did not bring their Commodore Card can enter their e-mail addresses. Keeping open a second tab that you can easily toggle back and forth between will save time and ensure you always are on the correct page.
To download an Excel spreadsheet attendance report click the “Export” button on the right side of the Track Attendance page. This attendance record will be permanently accessible for your organization or office in the Past Events section of your Anchor Link group.
Use this list of e-mails to invite people to join your organization’s group on Anchor Link or send them invitations through the system to your next meeting or event!