Vanderbilt alumni everywhere are doing their part to ensure the safety of their communities during this challenging time. While in-person university-sponsored events and gatherings are currently postponed, the Vanderbilt Alumni Association and university partners are pleased to offer a variety of opportunities designed to virtually connect you with fellow alumni, help you pursue professional goals and achieve a sense of mindfulness and wellbeing.
Sharpen your mind, reconnect to Vanderbilt
- Connect with fellow 'Dores over a good book with the Vanderbilt Alumni Book Club. Learn more and sign up today.
- Attend an upcoming chapter event - coffee chats, networking, Commodore Classrooms, and more! Scroll to the bottom of this page to see what's coming up in your region.
- Do you find yourself managing new family routines, or helping your children learn from home? Take advantage of these two great resources, brought to you by The Child and Family Center and Vanderbilt Libraries respectively.
- Return to the Vanderbilt classroom—no matter where you are—with offerings from Coursera, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, and The Wond’ry.
Vanderbilt experts offer perspectives on the wide ranging impact of COVID-19
For a full archive, visit our recent webinars page.
Alumni lead in the response to COVID-19
Dr. Liza Weavind, MMCH'14, professor of anesthesiology and surgery and associate division chief of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, is on the frontlines of caring for patients affected by COVID-19 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Frank Grant, BA'82, EMBA'91, once a business executive and CEO, is working as a cashier to help lift the spirits of Kroger customers during the pandemic.
Robert Neely, BS’10, founder and CEO of InspireMore has launched the Coronavirus Good News Dashboard, a tool for people all over the globe to easily and quickly find daily sources of hope, positivity, and inspiration during the COVID-19 outbreak. Since launching in 2014, InspireMore has reached about 500 million people.
Just for fun
- Show off your coloring chops - or that of your kids - and have a little fun with Vanderbilt-themed coloring pages, and word searches
- Each week Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory shares "Stellar Finds" with a peek into the beloved observatory and the history of astronomy at the university
- As life moves online, musicians are learning to adapt. Enjoy the at-home vocal stylings from a variety of campus groups: Jazz at Blair, Vanderbilt University Student Orchestra, and the Melodores.
- Take a virtual campus tour and reminisce about your Vanderbilt experience over familiar sites and learn about recent improvements like Residential Colleges