Vanderbilt alumni everywhere are doing their part to ensure the safety of their communities during this challenging time. While in-person university-sponsored events and gatherings are currently postponed, the Vanderbilt Alumni Association and university partners are pleased to offer a variety of opportunities designed to virtually connect you with fellow alumni, help you pursue professional goals and achieve a sense of mindfulness and wellbeing.
Sharpen your mind, reconnect to Vanderbilt
- Explore our career offerings including on-demand webinars, the Career Adviser network, and more through our Career Resources.
Connect with fellow 'Dores over a good book with the Vanderbilt Alumni Book Club. Learn more and sign up today.
Attend an upcoming chapter event - coffee chats, networking, Commodore Classrooms, and more! Scroll to the bottom of this page to see what's coming up in your region.
Do you find yourself managing new family routines, or helping your children learn from home? Take advantage of these two great resources, brought to you by The Child and Family Center and Vanderbilt Libraries respectively.
- In need of a moment of mindfulness? Join the Divinity School weekly on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. CDT and Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. CDT. Learn more and register on the VDS website.
For a full archive, visit our recent webinars page.
Alumni lead in the response to COVID-19
Missy, BS’99, and Scott Tannen, BS’99, founders of Boll & Branch, have donated mattresses and pillows to emergency medical operations in the fight against COVID-19 in New York.
Flip Biddelman, BS’09, used his restaurant Gertie as a part-time soup kitchen for laid-off hospitality workers in New York City.
Buddy Creech, BS’95, director, Vanderbilt Vaccine Research Program, is helping lead some of the NIH-funded treatment trials of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Just for fun
- Show off your coloring chops - or that of your kids - and have a little fun with Vanderbilt-themed coloring pages, and word searches
- Each week Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory shares "Stellar Finds" with a peek into the beloved observatory and the history of astronomy at the university
- As life moves online, musicians are learning to adapt. Enjoy the at-home vocal stylings from a variety of campus groups: Jazz at Blair, Vanderbilt University Student Orchestra, and the Melodores.
- Take a virtual campus tour and reminisce about your Vanderbilt experience over familiar sites and learn about recent improvements like Residential Colleges