Moroccan Discovery: from the Imperial Cities to the Sahara
February 17–March 2, 2023
FROM $5,579 PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY.
Special guests or host TBD
On this one-of-a-kind 14-day small group journey, you open your eyes, and heart, to a truly foreign land, an age-old culture, and genuinely hospitable people. Begin by touring the Moroccan capital, seaside Rabat, and enjoy lunch in a private home. See imperial Meknes and Volubilis’ Roman ruins, two of the itinerary’s five featured UNESCO sites. Next is exploration of Fez with its fascinating medina, and dinner in a family-run riad. After crossing the Middle Atlas mountains, reach Erfoud and experience a tour highlight: a sunset camel ride along the Sahara’s breathtaking dunes. En route to Ouarzazate, encounter the spectacular, snow-topped High Atlas, including dramatic Todra Gorge. Traverse the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” and visit scenic Ait ben-Haddou village. In alluring Marrakech, tour the medina and the city’s heart, Djemaa el Fna Square. The final destination is storied Casablanca, where a highlight is touring the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
- Round-trip air transportation from listed cities
- 12 nights’ accommodations in Deluxe, Superior First Class, and First Class hotels
- 31 meals: 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 11 dinners
- Extensive sightseeing as described, including all entrance fees
- Services of an Odysseys Unlimited Tour Director
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout your trip
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
- Gratuities for local guides, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers