Sophisticated Egypt: A Pharaonic Discovery
January 26, 2020 - February 7, 2020
From $6,995 per person based on double occupancy.
Sold Out: wait list signup and overflow dates available
Hosted by Ari Bryen, assistant professor of history and classical studies
Take an extraordinary journey with Ari Bryen, assistant professor of history and classical studies, to explore the incomparable treasures of Pharaonic Egypt. In Cairo, visit the renowned Great Pyramids of Giza and enjoy exclusive access to the Sphinx’s paws. Continue to Aswan for felucca sailing and an overnight stay in the historic Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Hotel. Next, marvel at the massive temple of Pharaoh Ramses II in Abu Simbel before boarding the deluxe Farah for a three-night Nile cruise to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings. Step inside Queen Nefertari’s tomb on a private viewing. Your journey concludes in Alexandria, the “Pearl of the Mediterranean,” where the Allies defeated Rommel in WWII.
A pre-trip extension to Jordan and Petra, and a post-tour extension to Sharm El Sheikh, are available.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
- Accommodation in hotels and Nile Cruise as indicated
- 11 breakfast, 8 lunch, 5 dinners
- All touring on a private basis including all entrance fees
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles
- Internal flights and Abu Simbel air excursion (rates listed separately)
- Meet & greet services at all airports for arrivals and departures
- All gratuities for guides, drivers, and porters
- Luggage service for two pieces of luggage per person
- Services of a private hand-selected DAI Egyptologist throughout the program