Village Life of the Dordogne
September 23, 2021 - October 1, 2021
FROM $3,895 PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY. AIRFARE INCLUDED FROM SELECT CITIES.
Special guests or host TBD
Complement your exploration of France’s rich culture with the Bordeaux Pre-Program Option, featuring the famous wine region of St-Émilion, and the Albi and Toulouse Post-Program Option, visiting the storybook medieval towns of southern France.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
- Seven nights in the family-owned Hôtel Plaza Madeleine.
- Private Welcome Reception in the hotel.
- Breakfast each morning, one lunch and two dinners in the hotel.
- Two dinners, each in a specially selected traditional bistro featuring French country table d’hôte menus and regional specialties.
- Complimentary regional wine served with each included dinner.
- Architectural walking tour of Sarlat.
- Visit to Souillac’s Abbaye Sainte Marie to admire the magnificent Romanesque sculptures.
- Visit to the lush, impeccably maintained 19th‑century Jardins d’Eyrignac.
- Visit to medieval village and fortified church of Saint‑Amand-de-Coly.
- our of the medieval Château de Beynac.
- Walking tour of Domme, with spectacular views of the Dordogne River Valley.
- Tour of the National Museum of Prehistory in Les Eyzies‑de‑Tayac‑Sireuil.
- Specially arranged Village Life® Forum.
- A lecture on architectural preservation in Sarlat by a local historian.
- Private, specially arranged gabare cruise along the Dordogne River, with lunch in the village of Beynac‑et‑Cazenac.
- Local wine and cheese tasting at a Sarlat épicerie gourmet.
- Private 19th-century Périgord cultural folk performance.
- French language introduction.
- Full-day excursion to 13th‑century Rocamadour.
- Visit to the impressive Rouffignac Cave.
- Excursion to see the cave friezes of L’Abri du Cap‑Blanc.
- Viewing of the reproduction of prehistoric cave art in Lascaux IV; the original Lascaux cave is closed for preservation purposes.
- Visit to the prehistoric troglodyte village of La Madeleine.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water provided on motorcoaches during excursions.
- Hospitality desk in the hotel.
- Experienced Program Director at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.