Student Alumni Board - Anchored In Tradition
The Vanderbilt Student Alumni Board (SAB) serves as a conduit of connection where Vanderbilt students engage with each other and with VU alumni, to create meaningful community and a lifelong relationship with Vanderbilt.
The Student Alumni Board (SAB) is a team of students specific to each class who design and implement (with the help of an adviser from the Office of Alumni Relations) the class building/alumni involvement activities for each undergraduate class. SAB has four boards—one for each class.
Program traditions include:
- Seniorfest: Class-building tradition on Alumni Lawn, where seniors kickoff their final year claiming “Almost” Alumni Lawn with food, music, T-shirts and more.
- Junior Networking Lunch: Informal networking lunch connecting juniors and alumni of various industries.
- Commodores in the Community: Commodores in the Community is a new series that highlights the Vanderbilt passion and tradition for service as well as the impact of our global Vanderbilt network. The Student Alumni Board and Nashville chapter pair team up for this event each year.
- Sophomore Homerun Tailgate: Class-building tradition for the sophomore class to enjoy free food, prizes, and more while cheering on the ’Dores at Hawkins Field.
- Freshman–Senior Dinner: Dinner for first-year students and seniors in the spring semester. All first-year students are invited. Seniors are selected to share their advice to the first-years (i.e. what not to miss, what to miss, highlights of VU experience).