Each year, more than 150 students connect and network with alumni during an "Opening Dores" dinner. This popular dinner series is an informal, family-style event has become an important tradition of the Vanderbilt Alumni Association's student alumni programs.
- Two Freshman Dinners are located at the Dean of the Commons residence with alumni from all industries each semester.
- Three Industry Dinners are held with alumni in specific industries for interested sophomores through seniors.
- Network, ask questions, and find out more about your dream career! To learn more, and sign up visit AnchorLink.
- Each summer, Opening Dores hits the road to several exciting locations. Take advantage of learning and networking with alumni in many diverse industries who live across the country.
Spending the summer in a new city? Headed back home? Consider attending an event in one of our chapter cities. Find your local chapter today, and join us at an upcoming event in your neighborhood.
Dores at Work
- Follow our e-shadow job series on Instagram (formally on Twitter) to learn about the exciting careers of so many of our alumni around the world. Find upcoming and past hosts in the highlights on Instagram.
- Hosts have included TV Entertainment writers, law school students, and alumni living abroad.
- Join the conversation and ask any questions you may have!
- Check out our past and current hosts:
Career Adviser Network
Utilize a network full of willing alumni in all backgrounds and industries ready to impart advice and connections for your career journey. Vanderbilt's global network of over 140,000 alumni represents nearly every imaginable career path. Watch this video to learn more!
To search our Career Adviser Network, learn more, and log in with your credentials.
Interested in going to Law School? Each September the Alumni Association and Vanderbilt Law School bring in alumni and current students to answer your questions on how to thrive and survive in Law School.
To sign up, look out for an email to your class listserv from the Alumni Association.
Seniors in the City (Life After Vanderbilt Series)
Join us for a networking lunch with alumni leaders and members of the Vanderbilt Alumni Board from across the country. This is a great chance to learn about a job or city you may be considering post-graduation! (Seniors only)
Etiquette Dinner (Life After Vanderbilt Series)
While being guided through a delicious, multi-course dinner, get pointers on how to conquer and prevail in interviews and business meetings. (Seniors only)
Putting Your Best Foot Forward (Life After Vanderbilt Series)
Learn to put your best foot forward and Discover tips and tricks from graduation to your first few weeks on the job by a distinguished alumni. (Seniors only)