Welcome, Washington, D.C. 'Dores
One thing we all loved about Vanderbilt is the community and you’ll find that again here in D.C.! The Washington D.C. Alumni Chapter stretches from Virginia up to Maryland, encompassing the DMV (D.C., Maryland and Virginia, not just the Department of Motor Vehicles!) and don’t worry, we’ll get you talking like a local soon!
The D.C. Chapter is one of Vanderbilt’s largest and most active alumni communities in the country. I’m proud to say that here in D.C. you’ll find plenty of opportunities to engage fellow alumni, explore our city, and continue to stay connected to Vandy. The Chapter hosts game viewing parties and cultural experiences around the District, including visits from Vanderbilt faculty, known as Commodore Classrooms. We offer a wide range of activities aimed at strengthening alumni ties for all ages!
To keep up with the latest Washington D.C. Chapter happenings, please make sure your contact information is up to date on VUconnect. And follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Please feel free to reach out with any questions, recommendations, or if you’d like to plan an event! We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event.
- Teresa Temkin, A&S '11, President
- Christopher Baity, A&S '10, Past President
- Jodie Leeka Kim, BE '10, ME '11, Past President
- Joy Parker, A&S '03, Committee Member
- Alexandria Lovelace, A&S'11, Committee Member
- Matthew Taylor, A&S'12, Committee Member
- Andrew Martin, A&S'14, Committee Member
- Myria Carpenter, Pbdy'97, Committee Member
- Todd Graham, Eng '86, Alumni Association Board Member
Washington, D.C. - By the Numbers
- Alumni: 5,240
- Students: 191