Alumni Career Resources
Learn from alumni and career experts on a variety of topics to help your succeed.
Career Preparation — Learn about career document expertise and best practices to land the job.
Career Advancement — Discover new skill sets to prepare for career excellence.
Personal/Professional — Development Find encompassing techniques for a better career and lifestyle.
If you are interested in one-on-one support from a career coach as you plan and navigate your professional path, please consider one of our partner career coaches.
Jobs - Post and Search
- Vanderbilt alumnus/na? You may post directly to our LinkedIn group
- Non-alumnus/na? Complete our job form so that we post the job for you to LinkedIn
- Vanderbilt alumni and graduate/professional students, visit our LinkedIn group to search job postings
- Recent Vanderbilt graduates (0-2 years out) seeking your first professional opportunity should visit DoreWays, which is managed by the Career Center
- Professional and Graduate School alumni may also contact their respective school's career centers for additional resources. Vanderbilt Graduate School Career Center, Law School, Owen Graduate School of Management, Peabody College of Education and Human Development, School of Medicine (BRET)
Vanderbilt alumni maintain their strong desire to learn long after they graduate. This list of Lifelong Learning meets that passion by providing easy access to the many programs from the Alumni Association and other university areas that offer academic enrichment.
Vanderbilt alumni receive a 10% discount on Kaplan prep courses, for exams including the GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, PCAT, DAT, and OAT. Please contact Sarah Whitney Anderson, Assistant Director, Student-Alumni Engagement for information and your code.
Looking for resumé help? Did you know Indeed has a whole platform dedicated to finding resumés. You can filter by industry and location to find example resumés and helpful tips and tricks. And of course, feel free to reach out to our partner coaches for any help!
Access to OptimalResume through the Vanderbilt University Alumni Association will end on January 2, 2020. If you have previously used this service, please make plans accordingly to log in and downloadload anything you would like to save. If you have technical or access questions please use the OptimalResume help desk.
The following tools can be helpful for gathering information about your interests and skills:
- Strengths Finder — The Strengths Finder assessment is designed to uncover your core talents to help you with industry and workplace inclinations, as well as skill development.
- Myers-Briggs — The Myers-Briggs assessment is based on psychological types and temperaments and may help you understand the relationship between personality and careers.
- Career Leader — Career Leader is an online self-assessment designed specifically for business careers.