Each year, many children and grandchildren of alumni apply for undergraduate admission to Vanderbilt. These legacy families are a significant part of the Vanderbilt tradition and a shining example of Commodore pride for our alumni community.
With more than 30,000 applicants each year for 1,600 first year slots, undergraduate admission is highly competitive. While alumni affiliation by no means ensures admission to Vanderbilt, we are honored to partner with and assist alumni families with helpful information and tools to navigate the admission process.
Tips for alumni with children who are considering Vanderbilt
- Visit the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Admissions website for more information about campus life and application deadlines.
- Plan a campus visit .
- Find your admissions counselor.
- Be sure to accurately note the name, degree and year of graduation of any alumni in your family on your application.
- Attend The World of College Admissions educational program during Reunion/Homecoming Weekend. The program offers a glimpse into the college application process from Vanderbilt experts. Details will be available on the Reunion website each fall.
- Take advantage of an optional interview opportunity with an alumni CoRPs volunteer in your area.
- Learn about Opportunity Vanderbilt and our commitment to affordability.
- Explore Vanderbilt’s merit scholarship opportunities .