Filtergraph is a web application for transforming datasets into interactive portals that can help bring meaning to big data. While it is designed to handle astronomy data, Filtergraph can be easily configured for a wide variety of data sources. Filtergraph is optimized for speed: for instance, operations on a stellar database of 3.1 million entries executes in less than 2 seconds.
See a short video of Filtergraph in action using the Hipparcos database.
Filtergraph features include:
- Generate scatter plots, histograms and tables instantly
- Interact directly with the data: drag to zoom, click to get more info
- Perform arithmetic operations in real time
- Flexible enough for large datasets, date types and missing data
- Save to various formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, PDF, PostScript, HTML, and ASCII
From the Filtergraph website, you can register instantly and generate your first data portal in minutes.