- B. S.: Virginia Polytechnic Inst. & State Univ., Blacksburg VA, 1971 (Physics)
- M. S.: North Texas State Univ., Denton, TX, 1975 (Physics)
- Ph.D.: Northeastern University, Boston, MA 1981 (Theoretical Physics)
FIELDS OF INTEREST:
- Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics
- Field Theory
CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & NEWS:
- 1991-Present : Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- 1980-81 : Assistant Professor, Northeastern Univ., Boston MA
- 1981-83 : Research Associate, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- 1983-85 : Research Associate, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1985-91 : Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- 1986-Present : Member, American Physical Society
- 1998-Present : Member, Am. Assoc. Adv. Sci
- 1986-91 : Department of Energy Outstanding Junior Investigator,
CURRENT RESEARCH ASSOCIATES & STUDENTS:
- Research Associates:
- Arjun Bevera
- Robert Cutler
- Graduate Students:
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- "Observations on the Quantum Numbers of Linked Z-Strings," T. W. Kephart, Phys. Rev. D, 58, 107704 (1998).
- "A Model of Lasing Axion Clusters,"T. W. Kephart and T. J. Weiler, Nucl. Phys. B
(proc. suppl.), (1998), to appear.
- "GUT Cosmic Magnetic Fields in a Warm Inflationary Universe," A. Berera, T. W. Kephart, and S. D. Wick, Phys. Rev. D59, 043510 (1999).
- "The Interaction Structure and Cosmological Relevance of Mass Scales in String Motivated SUSY Theories," A. Berera and T. W. Kephart, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. B (November, 1998).
- "SO(8) and G2 X G2 N=1 Supergravities in D=6," R. Holman and T. W. Kephart, submittesd to Phys. Lett. B (January, 1999).