- Vanderbilt International Office Research Grants
- Vanderbilt Internal Research Support Resources
- Nichols Humanitarian Fund (for VU students)
- Sandra and Roger Deromedi International Service Learning Scholarship (for VU students)
- External Grants & Resources
The Vanderbilt International Office (VIO) Research Grants Program has three objectives:
- to enhance the research and teaching programs at Vanderbilt by providing seed funding to establish selective international research collaborations and exchanges;
- to promote the academic reputation of Vanderbilt outside the U.S. and to enhance recruitment of international faculty and students;
- to build sustainable institutional partnerships with peer institutions overseas.
Tenured or tenure-track faculty with a primary appointment in University Central are eligible to apply. Projects may involve faculty from any school, including the Medical Center, but the Principal Investigator must be a tenured or tenure-track faculty member from A&S, Engineering, Peabody, Owen, Divinity, Law, the Graduate School, or the equivalent at Blair. Full-time, permanent staff and graduate/professional students from any school may also be included in a project.
Click here to read more about the VIO research grants.
VIO grant receipients can view the VIO Research Grant Summary Guidelines here.
VU INTERNAL RESEARCH SUPPORT RESOURCES
While not limited to research with an international focus, the research resources provided to VU faculty, staff and students by various campus units are invaluable. Several of the main support resources are listed below.
- Vanderbilt Office of Contract and Research Administration (non-medical): The OCRA's principal responsibility is to facilitate proposals for sponsored projects and coordinate the management of contracts and grants in the schools and other academic units of University Control.
- Vanderbilt Office of Contract and Research Administration Internal (Intramural) Grants: The OCRA sponsors an internal grants competition, including Discovery Grant Program, Research Scholars Grant Program, and Innovation and Discovery in Engineering and Science (IDEAS) Program.
- VU Medical Center Office of Research: The Medical Center Office of Research provides information and comprehensive services that assist faculty in their efforts to secure funding and conduct research of the highest quality and worldwide impact.
- VUMC Discovery Grant & Research Scholars Grant Programs AVCF Awards: The VUMC Discovery Grant Program aims to enhance the research programs of faculty members by providing seed funding to establish cooperative and interdisciplinary research programs, by stimulating the development of new ideas and areas of research, and by developing the infrastructure necessary for research.
- Office of Career Development and Outcome Analysis. The Office of Career Development and Outcomes Analysis provides career resources for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in the biomedical and biological sciences. Their extensive listing of funding opportunities is a great resource for current faculty members as well.
Scholarships/Fellowships for VU students
- Nichols Humanitarian Fund. The Nichols Humanitarian Fund was established in 2006 by the E.C. and Lucile Hamby Nichols Trust. The purpose of the fund is to enable Vanderbilt students to volunteer for local, domestic, or international humanitarian service opportunities. Support is primarily focused on summer projects or on projects that take place during defined academic breaks. Funds are available for educational and other expenses.
- Sandra and Roger Deromedi International Service Learning Scholarship. The Sandra and Roger Deromedi International Service Learning Scholarship was created in 2010 in order to enable Vanderbilt students to volunteer for international service learning opportunities.
- The Office of Honor Scholarships provides information, outreach, and support to Vanderbilt students who have the potential to become candidates for nationally-competitive fellowships.
EXTERNAL GRANTS AND RESOURCES
The resources included in this section include awards and competitions open to both US and non-US citizens or permanent residents for which VU faculty, staff or students may qualify. Please review individual listings for details.
Search grants and resources by:
- Alphabetical listing
- Searchable Funding Databases
- Vanderbilt Office of Honor Scholarships - this office provides information, outreach, and support to Vanderbilt undergraduate, post-undergraduate, and graduate students.