Grad Office: Jacobs 271
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240
Ph.D. Candidate, Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University
Fellow, National Science Foundation Graduate Research Program
Fellow, Vanderbilt University Graduate Program
Fellow, Vanderbilt Institute for Energy and the Environment
Former Fellow, Curb Center for Art, Enterprise, and Public Policy
M.S., Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
B.S., Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
B.A., Environmental Thought and Practice (Interdisciplinary Policy Major), University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Security of water, food, and energy resources
- Natural resource planning, development, and resolution
- Integration of physical and social science research
Davis, K., J. Gephart, and T. Gunda (2016). Future environmental impacts of Sri Lanka’s policy on self-sufficiency in rice. AMBIO, DOI: 10.1007/s13280-015-0720-2.
Gunda, T., G.M. Hornberger, and J. Gilligan (2016). Spatiotemporal patterns of meteorological drought in Sri Lanka from 1880-2010. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.4365.
Gunda, T., L. Benneyworth, and E. Burchfield (2015). Exploring water indices and associated parameters: a case study in two South Asian countries. Water Policy. DOI: 10.2166/wp.2014.022.
Gunda, T. and T. Scanlon (2013). Topographical and Hydrological Influences on the Spatial Distribution of Mercury at the Catchment Scale. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution. DOI: 10.1007/s11270-013-1511-7.
Projects in progress
- Characterization of patterns in crop water demands of Sri Lankan rice irrigation systems
- Development of data-light proxies for reference crop evapotranspiration estimates (machine learning approach)
- Assessment of seasonal climate forecast benefits in agricultural system with varying crop structures (system dynamics approach)
- Evaluation of climate change on streamflow and subsequent impacts to community dynamics in acequias of northern New Mexico (system dynamics approach)
- Quantification of waste streams in the United States
Hobbies and Interests
Hiking, rock climbing, dancing, cooking, and yoga