Janey Camp, Ph.D.
Office: Room 290, Jacobs HallAddress: Vanderbilt University VU Station B-35 1831 Nashville, TN 37235-1831 Phone: (615)322-6013 Fax: (615)322-3365 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Camp’s research work ranges from development of new methodologies for enterprise risk management to development of a spill management information system (SMIS 2.0) which links an advanced hydrodynamic and spill model with a geographic information system (GIS) interface. Dr. Camp is also interested in the impacts of climate change on freight transportation infrastructure which led to her helping organize a national summit on the topic in June 2011 at Vanderbilt University. Dr. Camp also sees the value of integrating GIS in pre-secondary education and is working with Metro Nashville Public Schools to integrate GIS into the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Academy curriculum.
Dr. Camp is a licensed civil engineer in the state of Tennessee and actively participates in the Nashville Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Engineers Without Borders (EWB), and Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE). Dr. Camp is a member of the Society for Risk Analysis (SRA), the Tennessee Geographic Information Council (TNGIC), The Infrastructure Security Partnership (TISP), and the Comprehensive Emergency Management Research (CEMR) Network. She is also an affiliate of the Vanderbilt Institute for Energy and Environment (VIEE). In her spare time, Dr. Camp serves on the committee for TWISTER (Tennessee Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Research) in addition to volunteering as a Science Communication Fellow for the Adventure Science Center.
Honors and Awards
- President, 2016-2017, Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE)
- Outstanding Engineer Educator, 2016, Nashville Branch, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Appointment to the National Committee on American’s Infrastructure, 2012-2013 and 2015-2018, American Society of Civil Engineers to assist with the Report Card on American Infrastructure
- Nashville Emerging Leaders Award-Top 5 Finalist in Environment and Sustainability, 2015, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and Professionals of Nashville
- Inspiring Women in STEM Award, 2015, INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine (1 of 100 honored across the U.S.)
- Nashville Emerging Leaders Award-Top 5 Finalist in Environment and Sustainability, 2014, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and Young Professionals of Nashville
- Graduate of the 5th Class of the Transit Citizen Leadership Academy of Middle Tennessee, 2014
- Outstanding Younger Member in Community Service Activities, 2012, Eastern Region Younger Member Council of the American Society of Civil Engineers Citizen Engineer (one of four nationwide), 2012, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Young Engineers Award, 2011, Tennessee Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers