March of Dimes Celebrates Nurses
Each year, The Middle Tennessee Chapter of the March of Dimes recognizes nurses who demonstrate excellence in various aspect of the nursing profession. At the recent awards ceremony, seven nurses from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt University School of Nursing were honored:
- VUSN PhD student Bethany Andrews-Rhoten was recognized as the Graduate Nurse of the Year.
- Kim Domaradzki, BSN, RN, VUMC Perinatal quality consultant, was named Quality & Risk Management Nurse of the Year.
- Chelsea Cash, BSN, RN, ENPC, Pediatric Emergency Nurse at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, was recognized as Emergency Nurse of the Year.
- Carol Huber, BSN, RN, VUMC Lactation Consultant, NICU, was named Pediatric Nurse of the Year.
- Sharon Karp, PhD, CPNP, VUSN assistant professor of Nursing, was recognized as the Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year.
- VUSN Professor Sheila Ridner, PhD, ACNP, was named Research Nursing Nurse of the Year.
- Erin Rodgers, MSN, CPN, VUSN assistant professor of Nursing, was recognized as Graduate Nursing Education Nurse of the Year.