Home > For Authors
This page contains information for authors wishing to submit manuscripts to Vanderbilt University Press. If you have questions that are not answered here, please call us at 615-322-3585 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Editorial Interests
The editorial interests of Vanderbilt University Press include most areas of the humanities and social sciences, as well as health care and education. The Press seeks intellectually provocative and socially significant works in these areas, as well as works that are interdisciplinary or that blend scholarly and practical concerns.
We welcome the submission of book proposals that include the following items:
1. A cover letter describing the purpose, contents, focus, intended audience, and approximate length of the manuscript; information on illustrations, if any; how your work differs from other books;
2. A table of contents, including chapter summaries, or a synopsis of your work;
3. A schedule for the completion of your book, if it is still in progress;
4. A statement on whether your work is under review elsewhere;
5. A copy of the introduction to your book and one or two representative chapters;
6. A copy of your curriculum vitae or résumé, including a list of previous publications.
Vanderbilt University Press does not publish poetry or fiction. Please address your queries to Michael Ames, Director, Vanderbilt University Press, PMB 351813, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37235-1813. Authors wishing to have submitted material returned should include postage and a self-addressed envelope. We do not accept uninvited submissions by electronic mail.