1. Wiltons Music Hall: one of the oldest and most famous performance venues in London. Wiltons has been the site of many a movie scene. Peter Sheppard Skaerved and the Kreutzer Quartet are currently in residence at Wiltons, and have performances throughout the summer. I was privileged to have a piece performed last year in this hall, and hope to make it an annual occurrence, perhaps with a second piece to be performed while I am here this summer.
2. The BBC Proms Concerts (London): a great way to hear lots of classical music, the Proms offers nearly 80 concerts in about 60 days. Go to Royal Albert Hall, queue for several hours, get a cheap ticket, hear wonderful music. I can’t imagine a better way to spend my time while out in the city.
3. First International Contemporary Music Festival. Directed by Peter Sheppard Skaerved and Evis Sammoutis, to be held in Nicosia, Cyprus, August 26-31, 2009.
4. The Presteigne Festival. Directed by George Vass, this festival highlights works of living composers and celebrates music, musicians, and art.
5. The Okeanos Contemporary Music Ensemble. This unique contemporary ensemble specializes in the work of young composers. Okeanos has presented “pioneering performance events” and frequently collaborates with other art forms.