Home > Permit Parking
WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
Where and when
For the protection of University students, faculty, and staff, no parking is allowed at any time, anywhere on campus, without a valid Vanderbilt University registration permit, except by visitors in spaces designated for visitors. University parking lots are identified by alphabetical, zone-permit, or reserved-spaces designations. Vehicles may be parked only in areas that correspond to their respective parking decals, subject to the exceptions delineated in the University Parking Regulations.
Commuter parking zones are restricted for use by vehicles with the appropriate Zone permits Monday through Friday with the following exceptions:
- University Zone permits may cross park in any Zone lot after 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. and on weekends.
- University resident-student (F, G, & J) and student reserved garage (TG, KG, & WP) permits may cross park in Zone lots after 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. and on weekends.
- F lots are restricted to F permits only.
Vanderbilt University assumes no responsibility for damage, theft, or loss of a motor vehicle, or to any personal property therein, while the vehicle is either parked on or operated on properties owned or controlled by the University.
Parking decals are available to order ONLINE or from the Kiosk at the Office of Traffic and Parking, 2043 Scarritt Place, Wesley Place Garage, during business hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; Closed 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday; closed holidays.
Undergraduate parking permits are available only to Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors.
To register at Wesley Place Garage, applicants must bring:
- Student/Staff/Faculty identification cards.
- Year, Make, Model, and color of your vehicle The state and license plate of the vehicle
- Campus Address – post office box number Station B or Peabody
NOTE: In general, registrants may register only their own vehicles, and students may register their parents' vehicles. Exceptions may be requested in writing.
OWNERSHIP OF A PERMIT IS NOT TRANSFERABLE
Permit will be mailed to you.