Alternative Transportation and Commuter Choice Programs
With over 23,000 employees and 12,000 students, Vanderbilt University places a significant demand on Nashville’s transportation network, the campus parking system, and the environment. The VU Office of Traffic and Parking and VUMC Parking and Transportation Services work with Vanderbilt’s administration to organize programs aimed at minimizing the environmental implications of campus commuter and visitor trips. Information about each of these programs is provided on the pages below.
For more information on University Central alternative transportation initiatives, please visit the Office of Traffic & Parking’s website.
For more information on Medical Center alternative transportation initiatives, please visit the Parking & Transportation Services website.
- VU now a sponsor of B-cycle station near campus » 6.25.15
- Unclaimed bicycles donated to neighborhood youth organization » 6.2.15
- Vanderbilt’s waste and recycling vendor converts vehicles to compressed natural gas » 7.8.14
- ‘Dump the pump’ June 19 and save money by riding public transit » 6.16.14
- Tips for reducing your summer travel impact » 6.11.14
- Take advantage of VU’s biking resources » 5.23.14
- Learn about air quality at Walking Wednesdays event » 4.28.14