Help Tackle Recycling During 2014 Football Season
Posted in NEWS on Monday, August 25th, 2014
Vanderbilt has partnered with Waste Management again to support the university’s environmental initiatives throughout campus, and Commodore fans can help protect the environment by recycling items at each home football game.
The partnership is in conjunction with the continued campus-wide efforts of Vanderbilt’s Sustainability and Environmental Management Office (SEMO) and Students Promoting Environmental Awareness and Responsibility (SPEAR).
Recycling receptacles will be available at each home game and fans will be able to easily dispose of their plastic, paper and aluminum cans from their tailgates before each game.
Each game, Waste Management will be hosting a “Get Caught Green Handed” promotion where one fan is caught recycling in Vandyville before the game.
Here are some tips to minimize waste while tailgating:
- Bringing reusable food containers, utensils, plates, and cups
- Bringing items that have as little packaging as possible
- Bring only what food and beverages you need for your tailgate, try to minimize leftovers
- RECYCLE all plastics (# 1 – # 7) and aluminum cans in recycling bins located on the concourse, at the gates, near every tailgate area, or give them to the recycling staff
- Take home and reuse those commemorative Commodore Cups from the concession stand
If you would like to volunteer to help with this effort, please contact Vanderbilt’s Sustainability and Environmental Management Office (SEMO) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-343-2784.