Vanderbilt Green Fund application deadline extended!!
Posted in NEWS on Thursday, October 18th, 2012
The Vanderbilt Green Fund was established in the spring of 2011 as a way of connecting student sustainability ideas with the means to implement them. We are looking for ideas that are both visible and educational in nature. Past projects awarded have involved solar panels, light sensors, and shower timers. Applications for projects will be due on November 25th at 5 pm.
Eligible Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Reduce energy use and/or water consumption
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Install clean sources of energy
- Reduce sewage or pollutants
- Spur behavioral change to reduce energy or material consumption through education
Preference will be given to funding projects that have both environmental and economic benefit to Vanderbilt University.
Check out the results of the last project with modifying the lighting system in the Student Rec Center!