While camp is open to children as young as four, some children are not yet ready for camp. Please make sure your camper is prepared by asking yourself the following:
- Is my child able to change his or her own clothing? Due to liability reasons, camp staff is instructed to not assist children in changing their clothes.
- Is my child able to tend to personal needs such as toileting and eating? Camp staff is not able to assist with personal needs.
- Will my child generally follow simple directions and rules in a structured setting? Most rules are set to ensure the safety of all campers, and children must be able to follow these rules.
- Does my child still need a nap every day? We are not able to provide naptime.
- Payments – payments may be made by cash, check or money order only. Credit cards and payroll deduction are not available. Make checks payable to Vanderbilt University.
- Insufficient Funds – you will be accessed a $30 returned check fee if your check is returned for insufficient funds. A letter from the Office of Campus Recreation will be mailed regarding this matter. Payment must be received in our office within 10 days of receiving notification.
- Regardless of whether an applicant’s space can be filled with a wait-list camper, no weekly deposits will be refunded due to cancellations or non-attendance.
Deposits, Cancellations & Refunds
- Our policy is designed to ensure that camper’s sessions are reserved as requested and to discourage last minute cancellations which make planning and scheduling difficult.
- The weekly deposit(s) of $50 is non-refundable and non-transferable. The $50 deposit is a portion of the total weekly fee and not in addition to the weekly fee.
- Remaining balance is due the first morning your child(ren) attend camp upon arrival.
- All camp fees must be paid in full for the week your child is enrolled in the Office of Campus Recreation by 12 p.m. If fees are not paid, you will be accessed a $25 late fee. Any payment received after 12 p.m. will not be considered on time. The OCR office hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., The OCR is not responsible for payments left in any other area of the Student Recreation Center or sliding payment under the office door after hours.
- If you are not attending on Monday, your payment is due the first day your child attends camp.
- Early care and late care cannot be carried over nor will refunds be given for non-use.
- Non-attendance does not entitle to a refund. No refunds or adjustments are granted for illness, vacation, or cancellation. Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Children sent home for disruptive behavior will not receive a refund.
- Outstanding balances resulting from returned checks must be cleared up before the child may enroll or attend any CampVandy programs.
Tax Identification Number
Vanderbilt University ID number for tax purposes is 62-0476822. This number is located on your receipt. Parents wishing to claim tax credit for child care will be responsible for maintaining their records.
Please note there will be a $25 administrative fee for duplicate receipts. Administrative fee payment must be received via cash or check prior to receiving duplicate receipt. Please allow ten business days for this information. Duplicate receipt can be picked up during office hours Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. or mailed to your home address. We cannot fax or mail receipts to your tax preparer.