Home » Programs/Services
- Biggest Winner
- FALL Into Fitness
- SPRING into Fitness
- Wellness Bash
- Summer Shape Up!
Shyness & Assertiveness Workshop:
Free Workshop- If you were one of the Seven Dwarfs, would you be Bashful? Do you hesitate to speak up? Do you keep quiet because you don’t want to look stupid or embarrass yourself? Do you envy people who seem to be able to say what they think? Are you afraid to do something that will call attention to yourself? Do you worry too much about what others may think of you?
- Held in Classroom A at The Rec.
- April 3rd, 10th, & 17th from 5:00 – 6:00PM. Presented by
- Dr. Warren Thompson, a clinical psychologist.
- Session Overview:
- Session #1 Identifying the issues.What situations cause us discomfort.Discuss how our past experiences have resulted in our becoming shy. Articulate ways we would like to change. Set “modest” goals to work on this week.
- Session #2 Report on success/failure of reaching our “modest” goals. Review rules of assertiveness. Video entitled “No Arms, No Legs, No Problem.” Set slightly more ambitious goals.
- Session #3 How are we doing on overcoming our fears and hesitations? Strength exercise: let’s talk about our personal assets, our positive traits. Where do we go from here? What resources can we use to continue to make progress?
- Fitness- Fitness Assessments are performed by professional staff of the Student Recreation Center. Appointments for Fitness Assessments must be made at least 24 hours prior. Hours available for Fitness Assessments in the Wellness Resource Center are limited, so honoring appointments is important.
- A fun program offered to members of the SRC by the Wellness Resource Center to promote healthy lifestyles by providing incentive for fitness activities and nutrition.
- Participants earn steps through everyday fun activities or exercises. Activities could include basketball, swimming, running, cycling, walking, or even yoga.
- You also receive nutrition information to help you along this journey.
- Each participant has a goal set to 10,000 steps per day.
- Participants encouraged to set individual goals throughout the program dealing with fitness and nutrition.
- WellBytes is a program offered by the Wellness Resource Center to communicate reliable information regarding food, nutrition and fitness to college students.
- WellBytes covers many topics that are of interest to the college population. It is fun, easy and motivating!
- Tuesday October 30th, 2012-LOOK FOR INFO FOR NEXT YEAR’S BASH SOON!
- The Wellness Bash is an annual fair-type event held in the Student Recreation Center (SRC).
- The WRC invites different wellness-related groups and companies to come and demonstrate their services.
- Some of the services previously involved with the Bash have been Angelic Touch Massage, Vanderbilt Sports Medicine, Vanderbilt Student Health, Margaret Cunningham Women’s Center. There are also lots of giveaways from local companies.
- Our new program designed to help those who need to lose weight for their health to lose it in a healthy, fun group atmosphere!
- Dates to be announced. Look for posters and flyers in the Student Recreation Center (SRC) announcing dates. Sign up in the Office Of Campus Recreation for your chance to lose some weight and win $100!
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming programs, services, & events visit us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter @VandyWellness!!!